Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mixed Berry Hemp Smoothie Recipe



This mixed berry hemp smoothie is filled with antioxidants, omega fatty acids, protein and delicious flavor. Let me ask you, are you a fan of delicious flavor? If so, then keeping reading and I will show you how to make a nutrient rich mixed berry smoothie with hemp.






Back in the day when I had no idea what a calorie was, I enjoyed the mixed berry smoothie from McDonald's. This tastes just like that but it lacks the refined sugar flavor. I have become quite a fan of this recipe, which came into fruition completely by chance. It was one of those times where you just threw random ingredients from the refrigerator into the blender and hoped for the best. After minor tweaks, I feel that I should share my recipe for a decadent, yet nutrient dense treat. I have really become a fan of hemp milk in the last few months. An acupuncturist told me that it was a good source of plant-based Omega-3 Fatty Acid and Omega-6 Fatty Acid; it also contains amino acids and a multitude of vitamins and minerals. Considering my body is in dire need of fatty acids(it refuses to absorb them), hemp milk is a nice, delicious way to get them into my diet. Without further ado, here is my painstakingly simple-you'll notice that's a reoccurring theme here, I love simple- mixed berry hemp smoothie. I do recommend you serve it in a nice mason jar paired with a lovely glass straw but that's just my suggestion.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup of mixed frozen berries(my mix was blackberries,blueberries,strawberries, and raspberries)
1 very ripe banana, sliced
1 cup of Vanilla Hemp Milk
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tbs. flax meal
Hemp Hearts to garnish

DIRECTIONS

Add berries, sliced banana, and flax meal to blender. Now add milks and blend. Voila! A creamy nutritious smoothie has appeared. I either top mine off with hemp hearts, as seen here, chia seeds, or goji berries.

I love how versatile this smoothie is; I have been wanting to experiment with putting a chocolate swirl in it, because raspberries and chocolate equal perfection, but to be honest it may be a lethal combination.

I am hoping to make a smoothie series and this is my first installment. I have a ton of recipes up my sleeve that I think you will enjoy. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog