Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tea Spotlight: Republic of Tea: Get Clean

I wanted to start putting up quick reviews on the teas I am currently drinking. I'm going to call the series Tea Spotlight. My first review will be on The Republic of Tea's Get Clean tea. This tea's name is self-explanatory, it's main purpose is to detoxify and "clean" your body. It contains milk thistle, dandelion, and burdock root which are all know for being highly detoxifying, though it's base is rooibos with vanilla and almond. All of the herbs work in harmony to keep up healthy digestion and promote proper detoxification through the liver and kidneys.

This tea and I had a rocky start... After hearing good things about it, scratch that, GREAT things about it, I had high expectations. Sadly, I hated it at first. I thought it tasted like water infused with almonds with a strange herbal aftertaste. In my cupboard it stayed, for a couple of months at least. But I wanted to love it, so I rekindled our relationship with a new found determination to enjoy this tea. After I got accustomed to the flavor (I had never had a tea quite like it before) and perfected the amount of raw sugar I like to put in it, I do enjoy this tea. I have to be in the mood for it though. It has a nice almond-y taste( I heard that it tasted like cookies. It does not-I repeat- it does not taste like cookies-) I like to drink this tea in the morning, as opposed to at night because it has a light flavor which is great in conjunction with my morning fruit and oatmeal. While it is not my new favorite tea, I like it and will finish my container. I probably won't repurchase it, as I have plenty of teas in my cupboard that I need to finish. I would give this tea a 3.8 out of 5. Not too shabby, considering I am a bit of a tea snob.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog